Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

Humanity is on its last legs. Generations of greed, arrogance, and corruptness have shaped what we now call “the modern world”. It has fallen away from God. So, He needs to restart. To decide what to do, God calls together all the Travelers to answer a single question that will determine the fate of the rest of humanity. It seems simple enough, except for the fact that they only have an hourglass of time to work and five tries to get the question right. And every time an answer is proposed, it seems to be the likely one. Together with a team of great people throughout history, David Ponder must find the answer to save us all.

I really enjoyed this book because it offered good thoughts to use in my life and it also gave me brief history lessons on a few characters in history that I didn’t know much about. It was short and relatively easy to read, and I like Andy Andrew’s style of writing. I must say that I was a bit disappointed with the presence of God throughout the book, as it always referred to Him as just “the one hosting the summit”. The characters didn’t really talk about their faith in God, and I was hoping the ending would have something to do with faith. Even if this wasn’t so, I would heartily recommend the book to anyone who likes a good story, good advice, or funny characters. Also, thank you BookSneeze for providing me with a free copy of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment